Monday, September 7, 2009

A few photos from the holiday weekend...

So, a few friends from our church small group invited us out on their boat for an early morning wake boarding session. I'm not terribly good, but I got up on the board my first try. So did Jehn, in fact. No photos to prove it, though, but I promise; it happened. Here's one of the wife with a huge grin before we head out on the water, and a few of our friend, and his friend John, on the water.

I never thought shooting on a boat with even moderate chop would be hard, but trying to balance the camera and get good shots was tough. The VR lens seemed to take a little bit of the hand shake out, but the general up and down motions that constantly had me cutting off people's heads and feet made it tough. But practice makes perfect, so I carried on.

On a side note, I've noticed recently that everywhere I bring my camera (which is almost everywhere, including work) that I feel "one-upped". As soon as we got on the boat, I popped open my camera bag and took out my camera. Our friend's brother-in-law then mentioned that he shoots wedding photography and has a D300. Apparently, wedding photos is what he does for a living. Haha... I just found that ironic.


Good ol' 35mm f/1.8:

55-200mm:

No comments:

Post a Comment