Thursday, September 10, 2009

Evening mountain biking...

So, I went out last night with Dom, Paul, Aaron, and Peter. Unbeknownst to us, the light of the day disappears around 6:45 now instead of 8pm like a few weeks ago. BUT, that did make for some 1/2-way decent photos (in this amatuer's opinion, at least).

Only had about 3 minutes setup time, and shot in aperture mode instead of shutter speed mode. I'm an idiot and forgot to even check my settings after the first shot. Guess I got kinda' lucky. needless to say I had plenty of bad shots come through. I think 11, 21, or 51 focus points would have helped in a situation like this. My D40 seemed to be a little lost on what I wanted it to focus on.

Also, another little progress in the making: Seeing as I don't have Adobe anything on my work computer, I used Picasa to go ahead and add my little ©mbB Photo logo to my photos. I like this font so I might stick with it for a little while. It's just not fun having to add it into each individual photo when Adobe PS will import the logo in batch format. We'll see what I decide to do.

Dom:
Paul:

No comments:

Post a Comment