Thursday, June 3, 2010

Venturing into a career in photography...

Business taxes, sole proprietorships, corporations, share holders, fictitious business names, tax write offs... What's it all about?

There are reasons why I had no clue what I wanted to do when I was 18. It forced me, by default, into a "jack-of-all-trades" type of degree program - Business Management and Administration. Consequently, this left me floating for a while. Floating, not sure what I was going to be doing, but knowing that I loved to ride bikes, and knowing that I loved to take pictures. Well, I'm almost 28, and becoming a pro-mountain biker just isn't in the cards for me. I have a family to care for, and traveling the world breaking bones on a bicycle isn't a move I'm willing to make, nor is it a move that I even want to make. So, what to do? Photography? YES.

Starting a business is scary, especially with 10 years in the legal field backing me up. All I see everyday are lawsuits. Frivolous and sensible. It's insane the shear amount of them. But I'm going to do it, and here is going to be the motivational picture I keep in the back of my head, along with the even more important motivational words of the late, great, Bruce Lee:

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic put up! This might assist a number of folks discover out about this matter. Do you need to incorporate video clips together with these? It may undoubtedly assist out. Your purpose was spot on and owing to you; I most likely will not have to explain everything to my pals. I can simply direct them here. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.

    colleges with photography majors

    ReplyDelete