Tuesday, June 22, 2010

NILMDTS

NILMDTS (Click here for the website) is quite possibly one of the greatest, and yet the worst things I've ever seen.  And by worst I mean it is horrible that such a group even has to exist, because no one should have to lose a child.  No one.  I suppose the word "worst" isn't the right word.... I think saddest is the appropriate word.

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep is a website that links devoted photographers together.  Photographers who, for a few moments, are willing to put aside their need to make a living with their love and passion for photography, and who are willing to help those in need.  There are other groups of photographers that are willing to help, but many may not be willing to close off their own emotions to help those who are in such pain - that of losing a child.

I was talking to one of my friends who is a fellow photographer, and he mentioned that he didn't think he'd be able to shoot such a scenario.  I honestly don't know if I could do it either but it's a good thing that my camera body is water resistant, because I think the tears might cover my gear as I was taking photos to help such a family.  To help them remember the good, albeit short, time with their beloved child who now resides with the ultimate Creator.

Normally, I'd pass over a website such as this without a second thought.  But my wife's dear friend lost her baby boy not long ago, and this kinda' hits home.

Please check out their website and keep it in mind for those who may be in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment