Thursday, March 4, 2010

Getting out there... Getting experience.

It's not easy to step out of my comfort zone... tell people what to do... tell them what will look good even if they disagree.

But what I love about photography is that I can do what I want. Sometimes, I can completely do what I want; inanimate objects, animals, scenic shots, etc. But people have their own ideas, and they move. A LOT. So I'm struggling with that, but at the same time, I love it. I really prefer to be the wallflower shooter, and not get into the mix too much. And unfortunately, that's just not an option for me anymore. I'm having to step out of my comfort zone a lot, and that's portrayed in the photoshoot I did with Isaac in his gym, and my sister and my friend Luke last weekend.

BUT, occasionally I get to drop back to my wallflower-y roots and take some pictures while in an audience, like last Friday. The wife and I went to see my friend Peter's band, Futuredog, and had a good ol' time watching some hippies be oblivious to other people and almost trample me while flailing their arms about.

But, I promised Peter some photos, so here they are. The lighting on the first band was good. For some reason, once Peter's band got up the lighting went downhill fast and Peter kept his hat on. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment