Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lightroom2

I never thought I would be much into editing my photos, but WOW. Lightroom 2 has me impressed. I think I was initially scared to even try any Adobe products due to the scare I had with Illustrator a long time ago. That program confused me so much I don't think I did anything "good" with it until I put it back in the box and out of my mind.

But I'm having a lot of fun with it. The magic wand tool is fantastic, and the vignetting tool is also great. I can see now that Lightroom2 is a basic editing tool, but it really would handle probably 90-95% of whatever I wanted to do to my photos.

...now the scary thing - Do I go spend $100-$200 on new CF cards (8gb ExtremeIII) so that I can start shooting in RAW? The advantages are limitless, really - mainly considering the ability to full adjust white balance. I'd never have to worry about shooting in anything but Auto-WB every again. That, alone, is VERY tempting.

YIKES! Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment