Monday, December 7, 2009

Riding in the mountains...

As always, I try to keep trail location hush-hush, so we'll just call these photos "Riding in the mountains". Maybe it's in the moutains in Chile'... or maybe somewhere in S. Africa or China. But most likely some people will recognize these. In anycase, Kudos to Nash for hitting the big 20-footer, Courtney for nailing the goal post, Brently for blowing up his headset, and Tyler for hitting all the big stuff on a 6" bike.

Anything shot with a flash was my SB-600 wirelessly tied to my D300 (Commander mode) set at 1/1 power. The new Manfrotto Tripod really paid off as getting the flash low to the ground and in weird locations really helps. The non-strobed photos were the good ol' 35mm f/1.8 prime that I love so much.

I should have taken some portraits while out there, too, but I was so focused on playing with settings on the D300 I totally forgot.

This is my favorite though, and I don't even know who this is. I wish I did, because I'd love to get this shot to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment