Thursday, November 12, 2009

Busy busy busy!

Seems to me that I've been FAR busier than I ever expected to be at 27 years old. Unfortunately, that takes its toll on my picture taking opportunities. On the bright side, on top of the new D300, I picked up a wide angle 18-70mm recently which I really love. Simple but cheap. Still figuring out a few things on the new camera (WB, EV, ISO noise levels that I find to be acceptable, etc.), but I'm having a great time.

Here's a few I took recently that I don't think are all that bad:

Howard at Ed's Gourmet in Santa Clara, followed by Gabe. I wasn't comfortable with adjusting exposure for these shots... hence why they are a mess. But the 35mm f/1.8 certainly helps a lot.


And here's a few more choice photos of Orly. Can't go wrong with photos of Orly. He's hard to capture because he's a puppy, so he moves like lightning, and the flash often distorts his fur color. Without flash, well, he's a blurry black mess, despite his deep chocolate colored coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment